Why Chess ? – Benefits of Chess
Chess has long been recognized throughout the world as a builder of strong intellects and that Chess improves academic performances. Educators are beginning to recognize chess’s ability to improve cognitive abilities, rational thinking and reasoning.
Chess brings out latent abilities that have not been reached by traditional educational means. It promotes logical thinking, instills a sense of independence, self-confidence, and self-worth. It improves communication and pattern recognition skills. It teaches the values of hard work, concentration, objectivity and commitment. In short, the value of learning chess are that it -
- Develops memory skills
- Improves concentration
- Develops logical, critical thinking and mental abilities
- Promotes imagination and creativity
- Enables pattern recognition
- Promotes strategic planning
- Improves analytical and problem solving skills
- Teaches independence and discipline
- Develops the capability to predict and foresee consequences of actions
- Inspires self-motivation.
- Develops the scientific way of thinking.
- Improves Mathematical skills
- Is an “an art appearing in the form of a game”
- Improves schoolwork and grades
- Improves one’s mental health and mental clarity
- Best of all - CHESS IS FUN